Raspberry SouffleFrom twill10 7 years ago
- Raspberry Souffle 4 servings shopping list
- ingredients: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus more for greasing shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar plus more for dusting mold shopping list
- 1 pint pureed raspberries shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- Pinch cream of tartar shopping list
- powdered sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 4 (8-ounce) ramekins or a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish by greasing with softened butter and coating with granulated sugar, pour out any excess. The butter and sugar will keep the souffles from sticking to the sides and will allow them to rise evenly. The sugar will also give the souffle a crunchy crust, which is a great contrast to the soft interior.
- To make the fruit puree base, heat the raspberry puree, 3/4 cup sugar and butter in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then strain to remove the raspberry seeds. Whisk in the egg yolks 1 at a time.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar just until they hold soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the beaten whites into the raspberry mixture to lighten it. Then gently fold in the rest. Spoon into the prepared ramekins or souffle dish and place on a cookie sheet. Bake on the middle rack for about 20 minutes. The souffle is done when it has puffed over the rim, the outside is golden and the center giggles slightly. Take care not to over bake. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating6 people
This is a good recipes!! thanks!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
My dear Husband LOVES raspberry-anything! going to mark this one!! thank you , Twil.ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!