Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cheesecake FillingFrom jadavis702 7 years ago
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, plus 5 large egg whites shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- Simmering water shopping list
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces and chilled shopping list
How to make it
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, granulated sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture.
- Layer each muffin cup with some of the pumpkin batter, then the cream cheese mixture, then more of the batter. Bake until springy to the touch, 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Using the electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, remaining 4 egg whites and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Fill a medium saucepan with enough simmering water to reach a depth of 1 inch; place the mixing bowl on top. Whisk the mixture until it registers 160° on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the bowl back to the mixer and beat at high speed until fluffy; lower the speed and beat to room temperature, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, then beat at high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. 6. Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag; pipe large rosettes on top of the cupcakes.
The Cookjadavis702 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
Wow,my grandchildren will love these!5!Thankyou so much!lanabade in Goshen loved it
love cupcakes ^_^hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
me and cupcakes have had a long love affair!pauly in Brandon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!