Roasted Potatoes with Bacon Onions and SageFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- • 1 pound thick-cut bacon slices, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips shopping list
- • 5 pounds assorted baby potatoes (such as red-skinned, white-skinned, and Dutch yellow), rinsed, dried, halved shopping list
- • 2 large red onions, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups) shopping list
- • 3/4 cup 1/3-inch pieces torn fresh sage leaves (from about 2 bunches), divided shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- • Coarse kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp and golden. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve 4 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Combine potatoes, onions, 1/2 cup torn sage leaves, melted butter, and reserved 4 tablespoons bacon drippings in very large bowl. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Spread potato mixture evenly on 18x12x1-inch baking sheet. Roast 1 hour, stirring occasionally. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheet at room temperature.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Stir bacon into potato mixture and continue to roast until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Season to taste with more coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with remaining torn sage leaves and serve.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating13 people
High 5 again,I love bacon receipes,I make something like this in the summer with fresh tiny new potatoes,fresh herbs,and pancetta instead of bacon.lanabade in Goshen loved it
Looks delicious!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Hope you don't mind that I added this to ... Mountain Top as this is not only Perfect (5), it's yummy, stick to your ribs, warming food.
Thank you for sharing it.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!