Pancetta Wrapped ScallopsFrom image 6 years ago
- 16 sea scallops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 16 very thin slices pancetta shopping list
- 4 tsp. finely ground bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 min. shopping list
- 16 tiny yellow or red cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix scallops with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt & pepper gently using your hands or a rubber spatula. Wrap pancetta slice around edges of scallops; arrange in single layer on a baking sheet, spacing at least 1 inch apart. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs. Thread 4 scallops on each skewer and broil 4-6 inches from heat source for 4-6 minutes or until sides feel springy firm when gently squeed and bread crumbs are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Serve scallops and tomatoes over bed of mixed greens, drizzled with your favorite vinaigrette.
The Cookimage Halifax, CA
The Rating1 people
You beat me to the punch! I'm making these tonight and I was going to tout it as my own special creation. I'll tell how it goes.legoflamb in New York loved it
Delicious! But I have some advice for everyone; Clean the scallops very well. I mean rinse, rub, rinse again, and repeat. Those sea scallops are sandy, and chewing on grit is not very romantic. Also I will use somewhat thicker panchetta on the next g...morelegoflamb in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!