Roasted Pear and Toasted Goat Cheese SaladFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 pears, unpeeled shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple juice or apple cider shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- One 5-ounce package spring mix salad greens shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries shopping list
- 3 to 4 ounces goat cheese (log form) shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut pears in half and remove core and seeds from each pear.
- Cut each half in half again and place in a baking dish.
- Combine apple juice and brown sugar.
- Stir until brown sugar has dissolved; pour over pears.
- Bake the pears 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender, basting occasionally with the apple juice mixture.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove pears to a plate to cool slightly.
- Reserve 1/4 cup apple juice mixture.
- Place reserved 1/4 cup apple juice mixture and white wine vinegar in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spring greens in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Divide among four plates.
- Sprinkle evenly with walnuts and cranberries.
- Slice goat cheese into 4 slices.
- Whisk together egg white and water.
- Dip goat cheese into egg white mixture and coat both sides evenly with panko crumbs.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with nonstick spray coating, then heat over medium high heat.
- Toast goat cheese rounds about 30 seconds per side.
- Serve warm on the side of the salad.
- Place pears along side green
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Salads Galore255 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Checkin Central284 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
A Fruity World45 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members