Mediterranean cheese and vegetable Layered Appetizer SpreadFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Quark or similar substitute ( cream cheese, ricotta cheese, mascarpone, etc. ) shopping list
- 2 large cloves baked garlic*, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper puree** shopping list
- OR 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimentos, drained and pureed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto sauce shopping list
- cheesecloth, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Divide Quark evenly into 2 small bowls.
- Red Layer: mix Quark, 1 garlic clove, red pepper puree and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Green layer: mix Quark, pesto, remaining garlic and salt.
- Line a 3 cup bowl with 4 layers of cheesecloth.
- Spoon 1/2 red Quark mixture in bottom of bowl; top with 1/2 green Quark mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Fold cheesecloth over top, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, lift cheesecloth over edges of bowl.
- Cover bowl with a serving plate; invert.
- Remove bowl and cheesecloth.
- Serve with French bread slices.
- How to bake garlic*:
- Bake whole garlic bulbs in baking dish in 375 degree F. oven for about 45 minutes.
- Cool; separate cloves and squeeze out garlic.
- How to roast peppers: *
- Cut red pepper in half lengthwise, seed.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Broil until skin is blistered, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place pepper in a plastic bag with a damp paper towel to steam.
- When cool, remove skin and puree.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Low Carb110 members
Christmas All Year181 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Dips Incredible Dips155 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
All Things Cheese76 members