Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup sugar or sugar substitute shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 cups Fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- Pancakes: shopping list
- 2 cups all=purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 ½ cups 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup ( 8-oz ) light sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar or substitute and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and srir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- Fro pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar or substitute, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles from on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with blueberry topping.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Serving size: 2 pancakes and topping
- Note: I modified this recipe to a healthy and diabetic friendly one as follows:
- I lowered the fat, Calories, sodium and Cholesterol by using the substitutes.
- Nutrition: Calories per serving: 278, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 260mg, Carbohydrate: 38g
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Im a pancake luver sounds delicous Ed thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
oh my! delicious blueberries mixed in with my favorite breakfast - YUMjett2whit in Union City loved it
Very good and nice!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it