CHOCOLATE POTATO DROP COOKIESFrom ozsmom 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate melted & cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooled unseasoned mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup currents shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric beater for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, chocolate and potatoes until well combined. Separately wisk flour salt, and baking soda together until well blended.
- On low speed, blend flour mixture and buttermilk into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Stir in currents.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies spring back when pressed with a finger.
- DO NOT OVER COOK.
- Makes 3-1/2 dozen