Jalapeno and Apple Pork ChopsFrom mrsc543 5 years ago
- 10 oz jar apple jelly shopping list
- 2 canned jalapeno chili peepers, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple juice or orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick shopping list
- 2 apple slices cut 1/2-inch thick, cored and halved shopping list
- parsley sprigs, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and jalapeno peppers. Cook and stir over low heat until jelly melts.
- Combine apple juice and cornstarch; stir into jelly mixture. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring. Divide into two bowls, one for brushing the meat while cooking and on for serving with cooked chops.
- Place chops on grill set for medium-slow heat. Lower hood and grill for 40 to 45 minutes or until well done, turning once.
- Brush with jelly mixture during the last ten minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile wrap apple slices in foil. Place on side of grill during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve apple slices on top of chops .
- Spoon any remaining jelly mixture over all.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.