Spicy Mint ChickenFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed shopping list
- 1 cup julienne cut carrot, about 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh minced mint leaves shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oil shopping list
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles, (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet over medium high heat; when hot, but not smoking, add the chicken; snap peas and carrot. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the wine, soy, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the wine mixture along with the green onion, mint, jalapeno and ginger. Stir fry about 1 minute more, or until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve over the rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles, if desired.
- Per Serving: (with 1 cup rice) 453 Calories; 4g Fat (1g Sat, 5g Mono, 1g Poly); 29g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 891mg Sodium.