Scarlett OHara Pecan BarsFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- CRUST INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- FILLING INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup pecans.
- Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until very light golden brown on edges.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients except pecans in small bowl; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot, partially baked crust. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling appears set and knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely; cut into bars.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating5 people
Everyone loves these! I've made them 2 times - it is a great way to use up the pecans I have in my freezer before pecan season coming up! Thanks!
~Dawnturlak in Spring loved it
Great one,thanks for sharing..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it