Pico de GalloFrom tuilelaith 6 years ago
- 1 tomato, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 5 jalapeno pepper rings (add more or less to your liking) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 pieces fresh cilantro*, finely minced shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 stalk green onions (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the tomato, onion, and green onion until it is the size of a Cap 'n' Crunch piece (about 1/2 inch square). Place in bowl. Finely chop the cilantro and jalapeno peppers and place them in the bowl. Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the mixture. Stir very well, making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes. Serve with tacos, nachos, black beans, refried beans, or your favorite Mexican dish!!!
- *Dried cilantro can be used, but I have found fresh cilantro gives a better flavor.
- NOTE FROM ERMA: I do not use cilantro at all, it tastes like ivory soap to my taste buds!!!