Slow Cooker Beef En DaubeFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 2 lb lean stewing beef shopping list
- 2 Sl Bacon; diced shopping list
- 2 Doz tiny boiling onions shopping list
- 1 tb red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tb brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c dry red wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Buds garlic; minced shopping list
- 1 ts Fresh thyme OR shopping list
- 1/2 ts Dried thyme shopping list
- 1 ts beef stock base shopping list
- 2 Strips orange peel shopping list
- 2 tb cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tb Parsley; chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cut meat in 1-inch cubes. Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Brown meat and onions in drippings. Transfer to slow cooker along with bacon. Add vinegar and brown sugar to pan drippings. Cook 1 minute; stirring. Pour in wine. Bring to a boil. Pour over meat. Season with salt; pepper, garlic, thyme, stock base and orange peel. Cover.
- Cook on LOW 8 hours. Turn to HIGH. Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water. When pan juices are bubbling, stir in cornstarch paste. Cook, stirring until thickened. Garnish with parsley. Makes 6 servings.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating4 people
I have to go buy a slow cooker for this OH YEAH!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I bought a slow cooker when I started work again, having three hungry teenages, best money I have ever spent. Will try your recipe Monday, sounds fantastic. Thank youunicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
Wow! Sounds like a winner for my family! ^5a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!