Chocolate Sheet CakeFrom nancerose 6 years ago
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Frosting~ shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup butter, the water and the 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Bring mixture just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed till thoroughly combined. Add eggs, the 1/2 cup buttemilk, and the 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat for 1 minute (batter will be thin.)
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile:~for frosting, in a medium saucepan combine the 1/4 cup butter the 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons buttermilk. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat till smooth. Stir in chopped nuts, if desired. Pour warm frosting over the warm brownies, spreading evenly. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Makes 36.
- You can add nuts to batter or for topping~your desire~