Bavarian VealFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 1 lb veal, Cut In 4 Thin Slices shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper,White shopping list
- 1 tbl mustard, Dijon Style shopping list
- 4 x bacon, Slices shopping list
- 4 x eggs, Large, Hard Cooked shopping list
- 2 tbl vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 x onion, Medium, Diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef bouillon, Heated shopping list
- 1 tbl tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbl unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Dry veal on paper towels.
- Roll in a mixture of salt, sugar, white pepper, and mustard.
- Place a bacon slice on top of each piece of veal.
- Place an unsliced boiled egg on top of the bacon.
- Rollup each slice of veal (jelly-roll fashion) and tie together with string.
- Heat oil in frypan and brown veal rolls well on all sides.
- Add onion; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the hot bouillon; cover and simmer gently 25 minutes. Remove the veal from the pan.
- Remove the strings from the veal and keep veal warm on a serving platter.
- Add tomato paste to the pan drippings; stir. Thoroughly mix flour and red wine to remove all lumps. Add to sauce and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add warm veal rolls and heat through.
- Before serving, place veal rolls on a platter, pour sauce over the rolls and serve with sauteed spatzle.