Potato FudgeFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 4- tbsp butter (half stick) shopping list
- 2- cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 -cup corn syrup shopping list
- 5- oz evaporated milk shopping list
- 1- cup Instant potatoes (see below for other Potato Preparations) shopping list
- 1/4- tsp salt shopping list
- 6 -oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup or half a bag) shopping list
- 1- tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9" x 9" pan with aluminum foil and set aside
- . Prepare the potato concoction and set aside.
- Heat milk at Medium setting until warm then add sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Continue to boil for about  full minutes then add the potato preparation mix.
- Bring back to a boil for  full minutes -or- if using a candy thermometer continue boiling until the boiling temperature reaches 234°F. [Total of 8 minutes of boiling or until 234°F is reached.]
- Remove from heat and stir remaining butter and chocolate chips.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly and cast into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.
- about 40 squares depending on size cut .........
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
sounds like a fun new recipe for fudge...fivepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
You say potato - I say pah tah toe! Mmmm I love fudge so I gotta try this! Hey - that spud has no clothes on! LOLjett2whit in Union City loved it
great memory nudge my mama use to make thisall he time. high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it