Maple Walnut FudgeFrom minitindel 4 years ago
- 2- cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 - of a 10 oz can evaporated milk - (not condensed!) shopping list
- 1/2- pound butter shopping list
- 2- cups powdered (confectioners') sugar shopping list
- 1 -cup walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 -teaspoon maple flavoring shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
- I have determined lining the pan with parchment paper and buttering that makes cutting and removing much easier.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat very slightly and boil 10 minutes while stirring constantly. No longer!
- Remove from heat and add icing sugar, vanilla and maple flavoring (if using).
- Mix thoroughly with hand mixer on medium until thick and glossy - just a couple of minutes.
- Fold in walnuts and pour in prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Note: This recipe also doubles easily. For really succulent fudge double and still use the one pan.
- It is thick and decadent, just like it should be.
- I cut this and freeze it in a can every Christmas without a problem. Just be sure it is really well wrapped. Enjoy
- makes over 80 pieces
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
My favorite fudge! Thank you!!!! High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it
my Mothers favorite fudge... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Your other fudge was so delish, I know this one will be too.gapeach55 in Covington loved it