Minted Fig And Feta SaladFrom victoriaregina 7 years ago
- 8 small fresh figs, cut in half (or quarters if they're big) shopping list
- through the stem end shopping list
- About 2 tablespoons of clover or other mild honey shopping list
- juice of 2 oranges (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rosewater (optional) shopping list
- 5 ounces imported feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- refrigerate for 2 hours
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F.
- Place the figs, cut side up, on a small baking sheet. Brush the cut surfaces with honey. Roast until the figs are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let the figs cool at room temperature.
- Combine the orange juice and rosewater in a small bowl.
- Place the figs, feta cheese, pistachios, and mint in another bowl and toss to combine. Pour the orange juice mixture over the salad and stir gently.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Season with salt and pepper to
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating12 people
Sound really goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
My friend, you have some good eats on here! YOu have my 5!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
this sounds so good... like the contrast of the sweetness of the figs and the saltiness of the feta...and top it with pistachio nuts
yum and five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!