Sweet Saucy Crock Pot RoastFrom bakermanrooster 5 years ago
- 1-3 to 4 pound pot roast of your choice. shopping list
- 6 carrots cleaned and peeled 1 keep peeling after you have the outer skin off the other 5 cut into 1/2 inch pieces. shopping list
- 5 potatoes washed and scrubbed I cut mine in half then turned the halves over and made 4 to 5 more cuts lengthwise (I leave the skins on that is where the vitamins are so they say). shopping list
- 5 Stalks of celery washed and chopped I used only the hearts on this dish. shopping list
- 2 small to medium onions I love onions so I used medium 1 cut into rings the other dice semi-fine. shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper your choice of colors sliced lengthwise or more to taste. shopping list
- 1 10 ounce bottle of Heinz 57 sauce. shopping list
- 1/3 cup of honey. shopping list
- 1 can of beef broth low sodium. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. of toasted onion powder. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. of garlic powder. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic. shopping list
- 2 palmfuls of Montreal steak seasoning (If you haven't noticed my favorite seasoning of all time). shopping list
How to make it
- Set your crock pot on high and put the Heinz 57, honey,garlic and the beef broth in the crockpot stir to combine the four very well then put the lid on the crockpot.
- Set the roast on a cutting board and find the middle of the roast and slice it down to almost all the way through.
- The carrot that you kept peeling take APPROX. 1/4 cup of the thin slices and stuff them in tha roast that you sliced.
- Cut some of the onion rings in half and stuff them in the roast on top of the carrots.
- Stuff as many of the bell peppers as you can on top of the onions and the carrots.
- Put 1 Tbsp of garlic somewhere in the roast before you put the potato wedges on the top.
- Top that off with a couple of potato wedges.
- Then tie the roast closed 1 on each end and 1 in the center.
- Put the roast in the crock pot carefully, then with a spoon ladle some of the wet mixture over the roast.
- Add as many of the remaining vegetables in the crockpot as you can you might not be able to get them all in there (I didn't ) if you can't let the roast cook 3 to 6 hours or until you can add the rest of the vegetables be careful the crockpot will be very full (not that you wouldn't anyway just being safe LOL).
- Drain the leftover juice through a sieve and make brown gravy out of it.
- On the cooking time it says 12 to 15 minutes that should be hours or until it is done like you like it.
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
The Rating6 people
really nicevictoriaregina in USA loved it
Boy this is good soundinghungrybear in Miner loved it
Sounds great to me...I like the honey addition. And will have to scout out that Montreal seasoning. 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!