Chicken and Pastina SoupFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cartons (32 oz. ea) chicken broth (8 c) shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped onion (1 med) shopping list
- 1/2 c diced carrot (1 med) shopping list
- 1/2 c diced celery (1 med. stalk) shopping list
- 1 c crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1 c uncooked pastina shopping list
- 2 c chopped,lightly packed spinach shopping list
- 1/3 c shredded or shaved parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in 12" skillet. Add 1 carton of chicken broth. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat;cover and simmer 20 mins or till juice of chicken is clear when cut in center of thickest part.
- Meanwhile,in 5Qt. stockpot, heat oil over med. heat. Add onion,carrot and celery;cook 8 to 10 mins,stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Drain chicken,reserving broth;set chicken aside. Strain broth;add broth to vegetables. Stir remaining carton of chicken broth ,the tomatoes,salt,pepper and bayleaf into stockpot. Heat to boiling. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat;cover and simmer 15 mins.
- Shred or cut chicken into bite-sized pieces;add to soup Stir in greens just till wilted. remove bayleaf. Serve with a sprinkle of additional freshly ground pepper. and the cheese.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Sounds wonderful...and what a perfect time of year for it!! Thanks for a great post! You've got my 5!! Have a beautiful evening, Pamelapamelanava in Prosper loved it
Pieclare, I'll pay you 500 million if ya come to wisconsin and make this for me!!!:) OMW (oh my word) I am so making this Sunday!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sounds great, Pat!justjakesmom in Everett loved it