Chicken Wings Gumbo-StyleFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 1/4 pound salt pork shopping list
- 3 pounds chicken wings shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped onions shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 1 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1 pound ground round steak shopping list
- 5 cups fresh peeled or canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or canned chicken broth shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen lima beans shopping list
- 1 cup corn kernels shopping list
- worcestershire sauce, to taste shopping list
- Tabasco sauce, to taste shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the salt pork into small cubes or thin slices. In a large
- casserole, cook the salt pork, stirring occasionally, about 5
- minutes, or until golden. Remove and reserve the salt pork, but
- leave the fat in the casserole.
- Add the chicken wings and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and reserve the chicken wings.
- Add the onions, garlic, green bell pepper, and celery and cook,
- stirring, until onions are wilted.
- Add the ground pork and round steak and cook, stirring to break up
- the meat. Cook until meat loses color. Add the chicken wings and
- salt pork. Add the tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer,
- stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Add the lima beans and continue cooking 30 minutes. Add the remaining
- ingredients and cook 15 minutes longer. Serve in soup bowls with
- rice on the side. Sprinkle with pork bits.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
My dear I will keep u in prayer... Thank you for taking time out to post this wonderful recipe! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! U get some rest and glad to know u r okaysnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Thank-you for the 'effort' to share
a really great "5"FORK!!!!! 'Feast'!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Another winner. High FIVE! Still down in pain???? What happened?
Nothing too serious I hope.
Elainechefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!