Manjulas Spinach and Tomato SaladFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- : shopping list
- About 4 cups chopped spinach shopping list
- 2 tomatoes shopping list
- 1 apple shopping list
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional) shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- About 2 tablespoons water adjust as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the spinach and pat dry and chop them coarsely.
- Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves and remove the seeds, cut them in about half inch pieces.
- Next peel and cut the apples in small pieces.
- In a salad bowl toss the spinach, tomatoes and apples together.
- Keep aside.
- Shred about 1 inch piece of ginger on fine side of shredder.
- Squeeze the shredded ginger between your fingers to make ginger juice.
- Next blend all the dressing ingredients together.
- Add the water as needed otherwise dressing will be too thick.
- Pour the dressing over salad, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Suggested Variations:
- Tomatoes can be replaced with strawberries.
- Walnuts can be replaced with roasted peanuts
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Spinach! My kind of salad. Great recipe.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
sounds delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Salads Galore255 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Ginger Lovers48 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
An Apple A Day30 members