Chocolate Meringue and Vanilla MousseFrom chriesi 4 years ago
- For the chocolate meringue: shopping list
- 100 g powder sugar shopping list
- 15 g cocoa powder shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 100 g sugar shopping list
- For the vanilla mousse: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 50 g sugar shopping list
- 250 ml milk shopping list
- 250 ml cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 vanilla pod shopping list
- 3 gelatine sheets shopping list
How to make it
- For the meringue preheat oven to 120°C.
- Sift powder sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Beat egg whites stiff and add half of the sugar while beating.
- Fold in the rest of the sugar, after whisk in the powder sugar-cocoa mixture.
- Pipe meringue on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes with a partly open oven (use a wooden spoon to keep it open). Reduce temperature to 100°C and bake it for 1 more hour. Shut the oven down and let the meringue dry for 2 more hours by a half opened oven.
- For the mousse warm milk, sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla pod and bring it boil.
- Whisk it to the egg yolks and let it thicken while whisking over steam.
- Whisk in gelatine sheets (that you soaked in water before) and let it cool.
- Stir in beaten cream and leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.