Johnnys Famous Barbeque Baked BeansFrom johnnyrt 7 years ago
- 2 lbs white pea beans shopping list
- 2 medium onions sliced thin shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard shopping list
- ¼ cup fancy molasses shopping list
- ½ cup barbeque sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- ¼ pound pork or bacon shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans in cold water overnight. Drain and rinse, removing any bad beans. Boil beans for minimum ½ hour to soften. Once cooked, drain and rinse then mix beans with ingredients. Place onion slices on bottom of bean pot. (You MUST use an authentic cast iron bean pot for the best baked beans). Pour bean mixture over onion slices and then add enough water to just cover beans.
- Cook at 225° for 7 hours. When beans are tender, remove 1 cup, mash and gently stir back into beans. Cover and continue to bake adding water as necessary. One hour before serving, remove lid to darken up the beans.