Honey Pecan Deep Fried TurkeyFrom midgelet 4 years ago
How to make it
- Note: Cook time for pecans and glaze not for turkey frying .
- The prep time does not include the 10-minute cool and drain time after turkey is cooked.
- Heat two gallons of peanut or other cooking oil in the Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer.
- Place turkey in basket of turkey fryer and slowly lower into the oil.
- Close lid and set timer for 44 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place crushed pecans and whole pecans on a cookie sheet, keeping the crushed pecans separate from the whole nuts.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- Place crushed pecans in a medium bowl.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, combine honey and margarine, stirring and heating until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the crushed pecans and let cool while turkey continues to cook.
- Once turkey is cooked – the USDA advises a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees – use the handles to lift the basket holding the turkey and secure it on the side of the fryer to drain oil.
- Let cool and drain for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey from fryer basket and place on large serving platter.
- Spoon the honey pecan glaze over the turkey, covering the breasts, legs, thighs, wings and placing some in the cavity.
- Place the whole pecans on the turkey, positioning them for presentation.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
how in the world could you pass this one by. Doesn't it sound fantastic. Thanks.tablescape in loved it