Better Broccoli Cauliflower CasseroleFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 tbl butter, melted shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp italian seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1 16 oz package frozen broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- 1 t0 oz package frozen cauliflower florets, thawed shopping list
- 4 tbl butter, divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tbl flour shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut up shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tbl melted butter, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbl butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the brocolli and cauliflower. Sprinkle with 2 tbl flour and 1 1/2 tsp Italian season, 1 tsp garlic salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Stir in the milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. Cook until the cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon the vegetables into a 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle the top evenly with the crumb/cheese mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the bread crumb topping is browned.
- This goes well as a side to grilled tenderloin smothered in spicy Montreal seasoning, or with breaded pork chops.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating3 people
Hey there. How are the 'puppies' doing? Very nice recipe.
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Helloooooooooo there rottman!!! LOL hows it going??
doing anything exciting????
good to see you !!
thanks for a yummy recipe nice one!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds different and delicious...^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!