Better Broccoli Cauliflower CasseroleFrom rottman 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 tbl butter, melted shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp italian seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1 16 oz package frozen broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- 1 t0 oz package frozen cauliflower florets, thawed shopping list
- 4 tbl butter, divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tbl flour shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut up shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tbl melted butter, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbl butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the brocolli and cauliflower. Sprinkle with 2 tbl flour and 1 1/2 tsp Italian season, 1 tsp garlic salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Stir in the milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. Cook until the cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon the vegetables into a 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle the top evenly with the crumb/cheese mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the bread crumb topping is browned.
- This goes well as a side to grilled tenderloin smothered in spicy Montreal seasoning, or with breaded pork chops.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating3 people
Sounds different and delicious...^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Helloooooooooo there rottman!!! LOL hows it going??
doing anything exciting????
good to see you !!
thanks for a yummy recipe nice one!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Hey there. How are the 'puppies' doing? Very nice recipe.
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!