Brussels Sprouts With WalnutsFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 2 pounds baby Brussels sprouts, trimmed (try to find the smallest Brussels sprouts you can) shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the Brussels sprouts by taking off the outer leaves and cut in half. Soak in salted ice water for 1 hour in the refrigerator. (This is the secret trick to removing the "smell" associated with Brussels sprouts, it also works for cauliflower). Drain and rinse.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sprouts (or steamer); cook or steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice to stop the cooking (can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point, store in an airtight container that is lined with paper towels to absorb the excess moisture).
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter together, when hot, add the Brussels sprouts and cook over moderately high heat until browned in places and hot.
- Add the balsamic, salt and pepper and toss until well combined, remove from heat and toss with the walnut pieces.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating4 people
LOVE brussels sprouts,thankyou,high 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
sounds really fine!midgelet in Eastern loved it
uh yeah....this will indeed be awesome. In fact I will make this tomorrow since i have everything but the sprouts.floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!