Orange-Cola Chocolate CakeFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups cola shopping list
- 1/2- cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 -tablespoon orange extract shopping list
- chocolate-COVERED STRAWBERRIES: shopping list
- 1/2 -cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 -teaspoon shortening shopping list
- 12- fresh strawberries shopping list
- ************************* shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 -cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3-3/4- cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3- tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix shopping list
- 1/4- cup cola shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon orange extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, cola, oil and extract.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Wash strawberries and pat dry.
- Dip each strawberry into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet;
- refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cake.
- Garnish each serving with a chocolate-covered strawberry.
- Yield: 12 servings.
- note...........diet cola is not recommened for this recipe !!
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
Oh yeah!!! five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
Yummyhungrybear in Miner loved it
Very different...and I do love the orange/chocolate combo...thanks much! ^5 =)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!