Holiday Nut CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 cup softened butter (You'll also need some for greasing the pan) shopping list
- 1 cup extra fine sugar ( granulated is also okay )) shopping list
- Zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 Tbsp natural rosewater or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1 cup ground pistachios shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter a 10 inch cake tin and line base and sides with parchment paper .
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix in lemon zest and rosewater or vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after adding each egg.
- Fold in the ground almonds, pistachios, flour, b.p. and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 40 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool completely
People Who Like This Dish 5
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- goodeat Benton, MO
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- broadzilla Saxonburg, PA
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
Havent heard using rosewater in a long time. sounds delicous high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is my kind of cake! Thank you for the post, Midgelet! It sounds great!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
this will be so easy to convert into a Gluten Free recipe...thank you ..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members