Sweet Potato PieFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 1 pound 3 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed, dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish, frozen pie shell shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup shopping list
- *Special equipment: steamer basket shopping list
How to make it
- Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer basket into a large pot of simmering water that is no closer than 2 inches from the bottom of basket.
- Allow to steam for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Mash with potato masher and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment.
- Add yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, yolks, and salt, to taste, and beat until well combined.
- Pour this batter into the pie shell and place onto a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the custard reaches 165 to 180 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Keep refrigerated after cooling.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating6 people
I love sweet potato pies! I've never seen one with yogurt before. Great post :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
Yum yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sweet Potatoes Pie and a shut my mouth!! love it!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it