Chicken PomegranateFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 oz (40 grams) butter shopping list
- 1 boiler chicken shopping list
- 2 baby onions shopping list
- 3/4 oz (20 grams) dried mushrooms, shopping list
- 4 pomegranates shopping list
- 8 fl oz (250 ml) double cream ( heavy cream ) shopping list
- 4 fresh sage leaves chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C (350Â°F) Gas Mark 4.
- Heat half the olive oil and half the butter in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over.
- Add one of the onions and sprinkle with hot water.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms in a bowl, add warm water to cover and leave to soak for 15-30 minutes, then drain and squeeze out.
- Cut off and discard a slice from one end of a pomegranate, stand it upright and cut downwards through the skin at intervals.
- Bend back the segments and scrape the seeds into a bowl with your fingers.
- Repeat with the remaining pomegranates, then crush the seeds with a potato masher and pour the juice over the chicken.
- Return the casserole to the oven.
- Reserve the seeds.
- Chop the remaining onion.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and butter in a pan, add the chopped onion and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 15 minutes, then add to the casserole.
- When the bird is tender, remove it and the whole onion from the casserole.
- Transfer the cooking juices to a food processor and process to a puree.
- Scrape the puree into a saucepan, stir in the cream and sage, season and cook over a low heat until thickened.
- Cut the bird into pieces and chop the onion.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, reserved pomegranate seeds and chopped onion.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Yummy different tasty hig5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummy!!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it