Sweet Potato Crawfish BeignetsFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs. Bruce's sweet potato Pancake Mix shopping list
- 8 oz. onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 8 oz. red peppers (finely chopped) shopping list
- 8 oz. green peppers (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. crawfish (roughly chopped) 1 Tbsp. all spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water (or as needed) shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground sage shopping list
- 1 oz. olive oil shopping list
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 16 oz. orange marmalade shopping list
- 9 oz. creole mustard shopping list
- 4 oz. honey shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancake Mix with water and spices.
- Set aside.
- Sauté the onions, green and red peppers in the olive oil until translucent.
- Toss in crawfish.
- Continue to sauté for about 1 minute.
- Fold the vegetable mixture (with all juices) into the pancake mix.
- Mixture should be thick.
- Using ice cream scoop, dip a spoonful at a time of the mixture into and drop into deep fryer set at 400°.
- Halfway before done, pull beignet out of the grease and poke holes with a toothpick.
- Drop beignet back into grease and fry until deep brown.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients until desired taste.
- Make 72 , 1-ounce beignets.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
great family recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds absolutely awesome!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Sounds really good and like the sauce. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Southern Essentials223 members
Southern Cooks552 members
Fish And Seafood305 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Anything Fried68 members
Finger Food50 members
Southern Goodness59 members
Cookin 4 Crowds13 members