Pear and Cranberry StrudelFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 3 large pears, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add pears and cranberries; toss gently to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add fruit mixture; cook and stir for 7-8 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Stir in the dried cranberries, ginger, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; coat with cooking spray. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.)
- Repeat five times with remaining phyllo.
- Spread cranberry mixture over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Fold in sides.
- Roll up, starting at a long side.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This dersert has HOLIDAY and FOOTBALL stamped all over it, great post! Let me slap a 5 on this dish!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Luv these cranberry breads thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it