Carrot peanut soupFrom verymarie 7 years ago
- 1 chile perrón (if you don't have these, a serrano or a jalapeño would work fine), de-seeded and minced shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive, though peanut oil would probably be awesome - or sesame - but I can't get those...) shopping list
- 10 large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of peanuts, blended with 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté the chili, garlic, and ginger with the oil in a large pot for 5 minutes
- Add carrots and potato. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- In a food processor or a blender, puree the carrot mixture until smooth. Add water to get desired thickness.
- Just before serving add salt, peanuts and cilantro.