Oklahoma Crock Pot DressingFrom taylordani11 7 years ago
- 1 - 8-inch pan of prepared cornbread, made with Oklahoma's own Shawnee Mills white cornmeal or cornbread mix (www.shawneemilling.com) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbs. sage (I use rubbed sage) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I like 1 chicken, 1 mushroom) shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth (I use Better Than Bouillon) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4-5 Tbs. butter shopping list
- Shredded turkey or chicken may be added shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble cornbread into crock pot and add bread crumbs, mix.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except butter, in a large bowl.
- Pour into crock pot, mix well.
- Dot top with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours on high, approximately; stirring around sides and bottom once or twice to insure even cooking.
- As always, adjust spices to your liking. Have fun with it!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktaylordani11 Stilwell, OK
The Rating5 people
This sounds just fine to me and I'll try it someday! Shawnee Mills products are great, too! Thanks for posting your recipe. Happy Thanksgiving to you!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Cannot wait for some dressing!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
used to have a crock pot dressing recipe, but lost it. first time i tried it i was skeptical but first taste i was in love! the only difference was that 1 can of soup was cream of chicken and one was cream of celery! i have been making dressing for ...morearkiesue in Little Rock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!