Down South Sweet Potato PieFrom canned_food_fan 7 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) mashed yams (see note) shopping list
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 2 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shells shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely-chopped pecans shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted soft margarine or butter shopping list
- Lightly whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and mix on high speed with electric mixer until soft and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to mix on high speed until completely absorbed. Reduce the mixer speed and add the eggs, one at a time, until evenly blended. Add the yams, evaporated milk and pumpkin pie spice, and mix until creamy. Pour the filling into the pie shells. Bake pies for 30 to 35 minutes until the edges puff, the crust browns and the custard is set. Meanwhile, mix the pecans, brown sugar and margarine; set aside. Remove the pies from the oven and sprinkle with the pecan mixture. Return the pies to the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crisp. Cool the pies completely on a wire rack. Serve garnished with whipped cream if desired.
- Note: If mashed yams are unavailable, puree a 16-ounce can of drained whole yams or sweet potatoes in a food processor until smooth.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 410; Total fat 24g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 210mg; Carbohydrate 46g; Fiber 2g; Protein 6g; Vitamin A 60%DV*; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 10%DV
- **Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!