CHICKEN KIEVFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 Tbs. grated onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- ½ tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbs. milk shopping list
- 1 envelope ( 2 ¾ -oz ) seasoned chicken coating mix shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat at 425.
- Combine the butter, onion, parsley, garlic powder, tarragon and pepper. Shape mixture into six pencil-thin strips about 2-inches long; place on waxed peper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Flatten each chicken breast to ¼ -inch. Place one butter strip in the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with toothpick. In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken, then roll in coating mix. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13-icnh x 9-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425 until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Microwave Directions ( timing based on a 1100-watt oven ): Place chicken in a greased glass pie plate. Microwave on high for 2 ½ minutes or until juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serving size 1 piece
- Nutrition Values: calories per serving: 252, Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 119mg, Sodium: 464mg, Carbohydrate: 7g, Protein: 24g
- Note This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass Friendly and for anyone.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Very Nice!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Hey, kid, got any left?:) I been wanting something like this soooo, I'll save and book this for after turkey day, HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Thanks Ed for the great post. Can't wait to try it out.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Party Food316 members
Christmas All Year182 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Chicken Please145 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Chicken Little166 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members
Awesome Chicken Recipes73 members