Habanero Apricot Pepper JellyFrom beachopn 7 years ago
- 5 habanero peppers, stemmed and seeded (WEAR GLOVES!) shopping list
- 1 sweet red pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 sweet orange pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 can of apricot halves (15 oz) with juice shopping list
- 6 oz of Certa (1 pkg) shopping list
- 6 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar (approx.) shopping list
- food coloring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Wearing gloves, carefully cut stemmed and seeded Habaneros into pieces and put into blender.
- Wash hands thoroughly!
- Add other peppers and apricots to blender.
- Add enough vinegar to the juice from the apricots to make about 1-1/2 cups of liquid
- Add to blender and puree
- Once liquefied pour into heavy pan along with the sugar
- Heat on med-high stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Once dissolved, move to a large microwavable bowl and bring to boil for 3 mins. stirring when necessary to keep from boiling over (you may have to lower the power to medium)
- Quickly stir in the liquid Certa (pectin) and boil again for 2 mins.
- Skim the foam off the top with a metal spoon and discard
- Quickly pour into clean and scalding hot glass jars and apply tops
- Wipe jars clean and then screw on the caps
- Set aside to cool.. tops will pop when jars are sealed
- This recipe made 36 oz (I used three 12 oz jars)
- The color was perfect so I didn't add any food coloring
- If you don't want to microwave, just keep it on the stove and stir while boiling 3 mins., then add the pectin and stir while boiling another 2 mins.
The Cookbeachopn Richmond, VA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!