Quick Slow Cook Tomato SauceFrom biffmcgee 6 years ago
- 1 large jar/can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium sized can tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground beef shopping list
- 4 Italian sausages (spicy or mild) shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp basil shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- Optional shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- First step:
- Pre-cook the ground beef and sausages in a skillet. Brown the meat and then the sausages in the same skillet. Drain the fat from the pan then add some red wine in the skillet and scrap all the bits of brown left overs. Keep the the wine you used to scrap the pan on the side.
- Second step:
- This is very easy now! In a slow cooker combine all of the remaining ingredients. Chop the garlic, add the tomato, then the tomato paste, all the spices and the red wine and wine/browning mixture from the pan. If you want some heat toss in some red pepper flakes. I prefer to add the flakes on the plate and not in the cooker. After add all the meat in there, slap the lid on and cook on low for 8-10 hours. So easy so gooood!
The Cookbiffmcgee Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!