Spinach and Black Bean PastaFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini or penne pasta shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 28-oz can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 4 ounces chopped broccoli shopping list
- ½ large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 10 tbsp (about ¾ a can) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 8 oz fresh spinach, torn shopping list
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes (it should be shy of “al dente”) and drain. Do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil.
- Mix in diced tomatoes and broccoli, reduce heat slightly and cook 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin and black pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the tomato paste, mixing well.
- Add the black beans and spinach. Cook 7 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce mixture and mix gently to coat with sauce.
- Add the Parmesan, stir well and simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
- *Note: Leftovers are delicious placed into individual casseroles or ramekins, topped with cheese and broiled!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Food Blogs60 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members