Crowd Pleaser CasseroleFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round beef shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or oil shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 -10.75 oz can tomato soup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 4 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 -8 oz package cream cheese shopping list
- 1 -10 to 12 oz carton plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 -12 oz package narrow egg noodles, cooked & drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet. Drain any grease and add the bacon grease or oil, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onions are crisp tender. Add the tomato soup, salt, pepper, sugar and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, cream cheese and scallions to blend.
- In a well-greased 2-quart baking dish, layer the noodles, meat mixture and yogurt mixture in several layers. Sprinkle the two cheeses on top.
- In a 350 degree F oven, bake for about 20 minutes or until heated and cheese has slightly browned. Serve immediately
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
YEAH!!! LOVIN' IT!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I used to make a very similar recipe to this that I got from The Moosewood cookbook, and it is absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!chalgal in Ft Lauderdale loved it
I like everything in ithungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!