Miniature Chicken TamalesFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz butter shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed into a paste shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups masa harina shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken stock shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cob of fresh corn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 8 oz shredded chicken meat shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper (peeled), finely chopped shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled seeded and finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- To made dough, with electric beater whip butter until creamy. Add cumin, 1 tsp. salt and garlic; mix well, Add masa harina and combined cream and stock, adding alternately until combined.
- To make the filling, add the corn to a pan of bring water and cook 5-8 minutes or until corn is tender. Cool then cut kernels from corn using a sharp knife. Heat oil in sauté pan and sauté the onion and red bell pepper until soft. Add the garlic, cumin and red chilli and sauté until fragrant. Add the corn, chicken, tomato and salt and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid from tomatoes has reduced.
- Bring a large pan of boiling water to a boil and place a large bamboo steamer over it, making sure it does not touch the water.
- Cut 12 pieces of parchment paper into 8x6 inch pieces. Spread a thick layer of the dough over each piece, leaving at border at each end. Place some of the filling in the center, roll up and secure the ends with butcher string. Cook in the steamer 35 minutes or until firm.
- In advance: the filling can be made one day ahead. Make dough and assemble the day of serving.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
Hurry back. I can't wait. Have a wedding reception to cook for next Saturday and the bride is due this afternoon to discuss the food. This looks like what she was asking for. Can you believe it. Right on time.tablescape in loved it
Luisa these are so great! I actually know this recipe! I have it in a cook book of appetizers from Könnemann editor, is it the same book?
5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
The ingredients sound yummy, I'll have to check back later for the recipe.juels in Clayton loved it