To Die For Lentil CookiesFrom peacenlove 6 years ago
- 2 c wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 c sugar (brown for chewy, white for more crispy) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of apple sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs ground flax shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 c lentil puree (recipe to follow) shopping list
- 1 c rolled oats shopping list
- 1 c dried fruit shopping list
- 1 c dried coconut (or sub nuts,seeds, more fruit, morsels) shopping list
How to make it
- Lentil Puree: 3/4 c lentils, 2 c water. simmer for 40 minutes and puree. Yield: 1 1/2 c lentil puree
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix apple sauce and sugar.
- Add the flax. Combine.
- Add vanilla and lentil puree. Mix to combine
- Add in flour mixture in thirds and combine.
- Stir in oats, fruit, coconut, and morsels.
- Drop in 1 inch balls and bake for 15-17 minutes at 375 degrees F.