BAKLAVA - 12 Days of Cookies Day 1From teatimin 4 years ago
- walnut FILLING: shopping list
- 4 cups (1 pound) walnuts, finely ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- BAKLAVA: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted; or spray butter shopping list
- 1 (16-oz) pkg. frozen phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions shopping list
- honey-LEMON SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 inches stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- WALNUT FILLING:
- In a large mixing bowl stir together all ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush the bottom of a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with some of the melted butter. Unfold phyllo dough. Working quickly, layer about one-fourth of the phyllo sheets in the pan, brushing or spraying each sheet generously with butter and allowing phyllo to extend up the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle about 1 1/2 cups of the filling over the phyllo in the pan. Repeat layering phyllo and filling 2 more times. Layer remaining phyllo sheets in the pan, brushing or spraying each sheet with butter. Drizzle any remaining butter, or spray butter, over top layer.
- Trim edges of phyllo to fit pan. Using a sharp knife, cut through all layers to make triangle or diamond shaped pieces or squares.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Slightly cool in pan on a wire rack and pour honey-lemon sauce over warm baklava. Cool completely.
- HONEY-LEMON SAUCE:
- While Baklava is cooking, in a medium saucepan stir together the 1 1/2 cups sugar, honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, stick cinnamon and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove cinnamon.
The Cookteatimin Cascade, CO
The Rating7 people
I luv these cookies thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
My favorite dessert. Thanks....berry in loved it