Old-fashioned One Pot Bean DinnerFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 1lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon or turkey bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 (31oz) cans pork and beans shopping list
- 1 (15oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 (15oz) can butter lima beans, drained (optional as far as I'm concerned!) shopping list
- 1.5 cups ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T liquid smoke (optional) shopping list
- 3 T cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef, drain off the fat, and transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat, stirring, until limp, about 6 to 8 minutes. The bacon should be slightly undercooked.
- Drain the fat and transfer to the cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until hot and bubbly, 6 to 9 hours.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating5 people
Luv these beans YUMMY thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sound so goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Love this recipe...and I'd leave the limas out too...lol. ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!