Farmers SoupFrom rottman 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion; rough cut shopping list
- 3 carrot; cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 6 ounce turnips; chopped 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 6 ounce rutabaga; chopped 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 14 oz can whole tomatoes; hand crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup small elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 14 oz can light red kidney beans; rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 lb smoked beef sausage, sliced 1/8-inch thick shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Saloio bread loaf shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot, saute the onion in 2 Tbl olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the fresh vegetables, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and dried herbs. Pour in the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Stir well, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are cooking, brown the sausage slices. Drain the grease and place on paper towels until ready to add to the soup.
- Add the macaroni to the soup pot and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally. Lower the heat and simmer about 10 minutes until the pasta is just al dente.
- Stir in the beans and sausage slices. Heat through 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Serve hot in soup bowls with a couple slices of dark toasted, buttered Saloio bread.
- Hand round the grated Parmesan separately.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating4 people
Sound good!goodeat in Benton loved it
This is right up my alley
5 from me!!
BTW I love your avitar! He/she is beautifultucky in Ottawa loved it
Love A Good Soup, And This Sounds Really Tasty. Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!