West Coast Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese QuicheFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 6 ounces smoked salmon shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2-cup grated asiago cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups light cream shopping list
- 1/2-teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped shopping list
- Parmesan Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small bits shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup ice water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425.
- To make crust combine flour and salt in a food processor or mixing bowl.
- Add butter and process or combine with a fork until small particles are formed.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and process briefly to combine.
- If using a food processor transfer contents to a mixing bowl.
- Add cold water and mix to make a ball of dough.
- Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons flour on a board and roll the dough into a 12” circle. Transfer dough to 10” tart pan or quiche pan.
- Lay a piece of foil inside and put dried beans inside the foil.
- This keeps the crust from puffing up when it bakes then bake crust 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans and bake 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while making filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- For filling spread crumbled smoked salmon over crust.
- Cut cream cheese into bits and scatter over salmon.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and Asiago cheese.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl then add cream, salt, pepper and dill then pour into crust.
- Bake quiche until golden brown and puffed then let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Another Salmon Quiche. I know i'm going to love this one.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Wow! Another good one ^5...cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
I think I will be 'marketing' ur quiche... My sister will love u 4 ever... She and I both LOVE THIS!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!