Fruited Pot RoastFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 3lb. beef chuck pot roast shopping list
- 2tbs. shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2c. Burgundy shopping list
- 1/2c. finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3c. finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 3/4c. mixed dried fruit shopping list
- 1 1/2c. hot water shopping list
- 1/3c. cold water shopping list
- 3tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from meat. In Dutch oven brown meat on all sides in hot shortening. Sprinkle with 1 1/2tsp. salt and 1/4tsp. pepper; add Burgundy, onion, carrot, and garlic. Cover tightly; simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cut up large pieces of dried fruit. Pour 1 1/2c. hot water over fruit; let stand 1 hour. Drain fruit, reserving liquid. Place fruit atop meat. Cover; cook until meat is tender, about 45 minutes more.
- Remove meat and fruit to serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan juices into measuring cup; skim off fat. Add reserved fruit liquid to pan juices to make 1 1/2 cups; return to pan. Blend cold water and flour; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with roast. Enjoy.....
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
The Rating4 people
I am intregued by the mixed dried fruit in a roast. Looks like a must try.
5 forks. Thanks!!tucky in Ottawa loved it
Another winner - have a pot roast in the freezer calling out for this recipe!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Different! I'd love to try this!
Thanks & High 5
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!