Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia PaniniFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 4 tilapia fillets shopping list
- 1 cup Club crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 8 slices hearty country Italian bread shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced thinly shopping list
- 8 slices provolone cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Crush crackers and combine with pepper.
- Dip fish fillets into beaten egg, and then coat with cracker crumbs.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until breading is golden and fish flakes easily.
- Remove to an oven-proof plate in a warm oven.
- Melt butter on low heat. Add jalapeño and garlic. Sauté until jalapeño is softened, but be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add flour and stir while heating about a minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook stirring until sauce thickens. Stir in sour cream.
- Set aside until ready to assemble the panini's.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil or spread with butter.
- Assemble sandwiches with oiled/buttered side of bread to the outside, layering provolone cheese, sliced tomatoes, tilapia fillet, cream sauce and final slice of bread.
- Spray a cast iron grill pan with cooking spray and heat to sizzling. Reduce heat to medium.
- Place sandwich in grill pan and top with second cast iron skillet. Press down lightly. (You want to smush the sandwich lightly, but not squash it completely.).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on the heat of your pan, until the sandwich is browned and grill marks are evident.
- Flip sandwich and again top with second cast iron skillet. Cook for another minute or so, until fully browned.
- Serve warm with fresh salad or crunchy kettle-cooked chips
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!