Butternut Squash with Root VeggiesFrom lagoulue 7 years ago
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed (about 1 lb.) shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Cups peeled, diced carrots shopping list
- 2cups peeled, diced parsnips shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, all but 2 inches of green removed shopping list
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow roasting pan, heat olive oil over medium heat on stove. Add squash, season with salt & pepper and toss gently. Add 1/2 cup of the veggie broth and transfer to oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until squash is just tender (do not overcook).
- While squash is baking, heat butter in large skillet. Add carrots, parsnips, sugar, salt & pepper to taste; sautee until veggies are lightly browned. Add 1/2 cup broth, cover pan and simmer till tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a dish and set aside. Add the leeks and remaining 1/4 cup broth to skillet; season with salt and pepper; simmer until tender, about another 10 minutes.
- Add reserved squash, carrots and parsnips, and toss gently.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a grating or two of nutmeg. Simmer an additional 3-4 minutes to warm before serving.
The Cooklagoulue New York, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!